Monday, August 25, 2008

Better Than a Superdelegate

I go to a lot of science fiction conventions, so this whole experience is vaguely familiar. When one attends a sci fi con without a badge, it's called "ghosting," so I guess I am ghosting this con. That's certainly not the most egregious verb here. This morning, I overheard a gentleman ask, "Where do I credential?"

But I hereby declare the best new verb: DEAN. As in... OMG OMG OMG, I am totally DEANING right now LOOK it's HOWARD DEAN!!!


Despite how... ordinary... the scene appears to be, I assure you, Howard Dean was awesome. There were several standing ovations. And this is just the delegates' breakfast meeting. Tonight at the convention hall, the big-name speeches begin. I have entered the daily guest lottery to see if I can get in. Fingers crossed, because it is Michelle Obama's night!

No comments: