Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Celeb spotting

So I took the wrong stairway to get down to the floor last night (I actually missed most of the earlier speeches because of trying to get alternates sorted out--a sort of big headache), and wound up in celeb alley.

I was walking down the up side of the stairs when all of a sudden, I figured out why no one was on that side: Bill Richardson had just arrived, and about a billion cameras were pointed on him on the other side of the steps!

In short order soon after, I passed Susan Sarandon and Toby from the West Wing (which was very meta--like, are you an adviser in real life, too, dude?). I saw Kucinich (and his tall wife) and Joe Biden in the hall, too, along with Maria Shriver. T was up in the MSNBC section, so I'll let her post on all her sitings, but it was definitely wild. There were a lot of, "hey, it's that reporter guy" moments.

But one of the highlights was seeing the entire Daily Show cast getting ready to film a segment. T and I might be in the background of one of their interviews, squealing like tiny schoolgirls.

We're on our way to two more back-to-back events before the convention (and functioning on 4 hours sleep), so I'll write more coherently about Michelle and Ted Kennedy's speech soon.

But here's something I just had to include. Denver magazine has a cover story interview with the Obamas, where they each answer the same questions. Here are my favorites.

Question: People have compared your style to Jackie O. How would you describe your style?

Answer from Michelle Obama: I've always loved clothes, and to be compared to Jackie O--well, it's very flattering...I work with a great designer in Chicago, but for the most part, I'm still shopping at places like J. Crew, The Gap and H&M.


H&M in the house, y'all!

And now some cuteness from the Senator, which I think everyone saw on display last night during the video feed:


Question: Everyone sees you as a potential Commander-in-Chief, but you're a husband and partner, too. We know that women have their faults--care to share one annoying thing that Michelle does--on or off the campaign trail?

Answer from Barack Obama: Michelle has no faults and does nothing annoying. It took me 15 years to understand that, but I am absolutely clear about it now.


Hilarious.

No comments: