Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catching up

OK, so I was blogging so fast and furious during the roll call (which was seriously the most exciting time of the convention so far), my phone got really hot. Like, scary hot. But I couldn't stop myself from sending all those pics in realtime. But then my iPhone crashed, and wanted to be connected to my laptop (which I didn't bring). Eep! I did a hard restart, though, and all seems to be forgiven for tonight. I had to reinstall cellspin, though, so if you're not seeing posts from me, it's because my iPhone wants me to stop blogging and just watch the convention already.

But I'll catch up on some stuff that happened last night now.

Celeb spotting: Charlie Rose, former governor Gray Davis, Mike Dukakis (who knew he was still around?) and, um, the Daily Show guys. I was a total fangirl with them and asked for a photo, because, c'mon, if you see Rob Riggle, Aasif Mandvi and Larry Wilmore just standing around waiting to film, aren't you going to ask them for a photo? There's another photo with me in it (Larry offered to take a new one!), but you'll have to email me to see that baby. :)

We just had our final delegation breakfast, and I'm going to blog about one of the speakers in a minute. But the excitement is so high because of Mile High stadium.

Stevie Wonder will play, which will be amazing. But I think there was something in the water growing up, because I'm most excited about the Jersey boys representing: Bruce Springsteen and, of course, the Bon of Jon. (T and her bro can confirm that whenever we play Rock Band together, I am always making them play the Bon Jovi.)

(Lighter held over head)

"Sometimes I sleep...sometimes it's not for daaaaays!"

That could pretty much be the statement of my delegate experience.

Bring it, Jon Bon! Bring it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon Jovi? Now I'm really jealous. I'm not even kidding.